‘Hill House, not sane, stood by itself against its hills, holding darkness within; it had stood so for eighty years and might stand for eighty more.’
Andy Russell of London’s Horror Book Club joins us to discuss Shirley Jackson’s classic. A total terror? Or just the right side of thrilling?
Listen in to hear what Laura’s book club made of it.
- The Shining and On Writing by Stephen King
- Hell House and I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
- Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin
- The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
London’s Horror Book Club read one weird, wonderful and (crucially) terror-inducing book a month. If you’re interested in joining you can find them on meetup.com