What do we read when we’re not reading book club books? This episode it’s non-fiction. Kate gets her head around Helen Hanff’s eccentric relationship with the secondhand bookselling world in 84 Charing Cross Road, is seduced by the gloss and glamour of the art world with Sarah Thornton and inspired by Michelle Obama’s powerful memoir Becoming. Meanwhile Trevor Noah’s hilarious and moving memoir Born A Crime had Laura enthralled. Listen in to find out what we thought, and whether there are any gems in there for your next book club read.
Our booklist for this episode.
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Seven Days in the Art World by Sarah Thornton
- 84 Charing Cross Road and The Duchess of Bloomsbury by Helene Hanff
- Help Me! by Marianne Power
When you buy books from bookshop.org you are supporting local bookshops, and supporting us.