For a ton of great recommendations – most of which were new to us – we turned to Anna Baillie-Karas from Australian podcast Books on the Go.
Listen in to hear about some books that might be new to you, or ones that you might have overlooked when they came out. And finally a book that had all of Australia buzzing and has now quietly been published in the UK …
- The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai
- My Sister the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
- The Trauma Cleaner by Sarah Krasnostein
- The Erratics by Vicki Laveau-Harvie
- No Friend But the Mountains: Writing from Manus Prison by Behrouz Boochani
- The Dry, Force of Nature and The Lost Man by Jane Harper, outback crime novels
- We That Are Young by Preti Taneja
- Asymmetry by Lisa Halliday
- The Museum of Modern Love by Heather Rose
- Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- The Shepherd’s Hut by Tim Winton
When you buy books from bookshop.org you are supporting local bookshops, and supporting us.