What do you do when your small start-up book club is so popular that you quickly become overwhelmed with new members?
For Eléonore Pratoussy of the Lesbian Book Club in East London, it signalled a need for more lesbian book groups. Happily she has a plan to expand.
Eléonore and fellow bookclubbers Caroline and Carina join Kate in the studio to talk Angela Carter, Reni Eddo-Lodge, and a ton of great book recommendations in-between.
Books mentioned on this episode:
- Orlando by Virginia Woolf
- Gender Trouble by Judith Butler
- The Passion of New Eve by Angela Carter
- Rubyfruit Jungle by Rita Mae Brown
- Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Edo-Lodge
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- What Is Yours Is Not Yours by Helen Oyeyemi