It has been called her finest novel yet, but what did Laura’s book club make of Zadie Smith’s Swing Time?
In our regular interview, we talk to The Divas, a close-knit group of women based in north-west London, about books, friendship and travel. And we finish as always with some fresh recommendations for your next book club read, including suggestions from Carrie and Becca of The Bookstore Podcast.
- Hot Milk by Deborah Levy
- My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
- Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney
- Feel Free by Zadie Smith
- You are Free by Danzy Senna
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (we’ve come up with an ending – be the first to hear it!)
- Sing Unburied Sing by Jesmyn Ward
- Exit West by Mosin Hamid
- Educated by Tara Westover
- My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell
If you want to hear more from Carrie and Becca check out their show on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts: we love it.