We’re joined by US Vogue magazine’s culture editor Chloe Schama to consider The Faraway Nearby by Rebecca Solnit, the latest book read by Kate’s book club. We consider the genre of ‘anti-memoir’ (and if you’re unfamiliar with the term you will find yourself among friends) and come up with some light alternative reading in case it all gets too much.
We also interview Financial Times Life and Arts editor Natalie Whittle who tells us all about the FT book club, and we finish with some great recommendations for your next book club read.
- Wanderlust and Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Terra Incognita by Sara Wheeler
- Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik
- The Empathy Exams by Leslie Jamieson
- Wild Romance by Chloe Schama
- Circe by Madeleine Miller
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- The Loved One by Evelyn Waugh
- The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark
- The Death of Truth by Michiko Kakutani
When you buy books from bookshop.org you are supporting local bookshops, and supporting us.