From Game of Thrones to Watership Down, via Haruki Marukami, Margaret Atwood, Frank Herbert and everything in-between, Mostly Harmless are a thriving book club devoted to sci-fi, fantasy, horror and comics.
We interviewed founders Derek and Barbara about the hits and misses over the years. They shared a great set of expert recommendations for die-hard enthusiasts, and for those thinking about trying a genre novel for the first time.
- The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- The novels of George R. R. Martin, including Game of Thrones
- Ten Billion Days and One Hundred Billion Nights by Ryu Mitsuse
- Annihilator by Grant Morrison
- Ronin by Frank Miller
- The Female Man by Joanna Russ
- The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie
- The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
- The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemison
- Aurora by Kim Stanley Robinson
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
If you’re interested in joining Mostly Harmless find out what they’re reading and when they’re meeting.
When you buy books from bookshop.org you are supporting local bookshops, and supporting us.