Our Bookshelf shows are the ones where we talk about the books we’re each reading outside of book club, the ones we get to choose for ourselves. What do we turn to? This episode we’ve got memoirs, fiction, fantasy and Michael Lewis’s slightly uncategorizable Moneyball (it’s about the buying and selling of players in the baseball world, and how one man reshaped a team using performance data rather than relying on instincts). Listen in to find out what we thought of them, and whether there are any book club gems in there.
- Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton
- Mrs Gaskell and Me by Nell Stevens
- I Am I Am, I Am by Maggie O’Farrell
- Billie by Anna Gavalda
- A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan
- The Last Samurai by Helen De Witt
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis
When you buy books from bookshop.org you are supporting local bookshops, and supporting us.