We discuss the books we’re reading outside of book club, the ones we get to pick and choose.
Join us as we successfully identify the perfect beach read for this summer, get to the bottom of Kate’s problem with audio books (and the cure, The Shepherd’s Hut by Tim Winton), muse on what it’s like reading a book when there’s no cover image (the joys of the elegant but inscrutable Fitzcarraldo edition), discuss Laura’s intentions to set aside lightweight fluff and get back into some serious reading, and hear Kate’s real-life encounter with Philippa Perry, author of The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- A Brief History of Seven Killings and Black Leopard Red Wolf by Marlon James
- The Shepherd’s Hut by Tim Winton
- Transcription by Kate Atkinson
- Drive Your Plow over the Bones of the Dead, Flights and The Books of Jacob by Olga Tokarczuk
- Mr Salary by Sally Rooney
- The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read by Philippa Perry
- The Age of Light by Whitney Scharer
Love this film Philippa Perry made for the FT that has some great advice for getting through Corona Lockdowns, especially if you have children.
When you buy books from bookshop.org you are supporting local bookshops, and supporting us.