If you’ve ever dreamed of switching everything off and being able to read for hours, then this is the episode for you.
Reading Retreats run holidays in Derbyshire, England, where all you do is read. Nothing less, nothing more. But what’s the experience really like?
To find out, Kate made a great self-sacrifice and spent a long weekend solo with only her TBR pile to keep her company. (Plus some fellow readers and wonderful hosts!)
In Annie’s stack were:
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab
- Sofia Khan is Not Obliged by Aisha Malik
- Rosewater by Tade Thompson
- Belonging by Umi Sinha
- Among Others by Jo Walton
In Sheila’s stack were:
- The Only Story by Julian Barnes
- Revenge on the Rye by Alice Castle
- Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
- Broken Ground by Val McDermid
- A Boy in Winter by Rachel Seiffert
Sarah Ward recommended:
Kate was reading:
- Hotel du Lac by Anita Brookner
- There There by Tommy Orange
- Bad Blood by Jon Carreyrou
- Asymmetry by Lisa Halliday
Reading Retreats are also on Facebook and Twitter @retreatandread.
When you buy books from bookshop.org you are supporting local bookshops, and supporting us.